Monday, May 2, 2011

The Beginning ...

Literature has always been a friend of mine. From a young girl my mom would always read to me and I thought it was the best thing ever. I eventually mastered the craft of picking up a book on my own without someone begging me to. As my love for literature grew I became more interested in wrtiting as well. I would write about my days at school, or an exciting new place that I visited. In school I was always complimented on my strong ability to write, whether it was a short response or full paper. I've always admired how authors were able to portray so many ideas through their words and I guess that's what I wanted to do too. I used writing to express myself and it became a safe haven for me. I would write through any emotion, I had so much to say and the pen and paper were the only ones who would stop and listen. So I credit literature and writing for molding me into the person I am today. As I get older my writing skills grow with me and my ability to read and analzye a piece of writing has really amazed me.

1 comment: